Just wanted to share a recent Ottawa SEO success experiment.
A few things we can disclose right away....
- Yes, it was done in a 7 month time frame
- Yes, it cost $100 (hosting) - we absorbed the cost since it was a new approach to optimizing for SERP and we wanted to de-risk the client
- Yes, it took 10 hours all in (dev + content pop)
- Yes, less than 25 pages were needed
- Yes, it's a highly competitive market
We aimed to position for "ottawa car accident lawyer", initial target was top 5, amazing was top 3 and the site now sits ...... #1. Now that I typed this out, it'll probably tank! lol.
You can check out the site here: www.ottawainjurylawyer.co
Observations which we are willing to share - use as you want:
- the website design isn't as relevant as we initially thought - not for SERP anyway
- clarity is much more relevant than we thought
- much less content is needed to start seeing results than we thought
- seo updates don't need to happen as often as we thought - no need for the ol' "post twice a week to your blog" shenanigans
- results fall off a cliff (pretty much) if outside the top 10 - duh!
- did we use AI for content gen? No, but we did use AI
We have 2 other tests brewing and both have better conversions than this site - will share those results as well.
Why are we testing SEO in 2023? We see so many web and marketing agencies pushing the same game plan (Wordpress and post a blog twice a week) and the client just ends up with little result.
Why? Because everyone is using the same playbook. The next playbook? We predict a flood of content generated by AI which will saturate every single market.